"Immersed" and Step by step drawing progression


Here's a step by step progression of this drawing, I thought it would be interesting to take snapshots during the creation of this piece, I'm sometimes surprised myself how this sketches come together

 
approx. 6 x 8 inches charcoal on Strathmore Artist paper
sold 
Mostly vine charcoal here, the large masses are established with the broad side of it, at the start up I like to get a feel of the general proportions and then develop it further, the darker values are done with a charcoal pencils, they go from hard to soft, I tend to use 2b or 6b a lot, also some papers are better then others for charcoals like this as I'm actually finding out right now.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

this is beautiful! great to see the work in progress :)

Daniel Peci said...

Thanks Kyla, glad you enjoyed it

Jose Fiol said...

Very good work in progress

hmuxo said...

thank you for sharing!!! I love to see the process. I hope you do this again. She's beautiful.

Daniel Peci said...

Thanks Jose and hmuxo, will do more for sure...

Court Marriage Jaipur said...

I have been surfing online more than 3 hours these days, yet I by no means found any attention-grabbing article like yours. It is beautiful value enough for me. In my opinion, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will probably be a lot more useful than ever before.
Court Marriage Jaipur