"Bound" 6x9 Female nude Original charcoal drawing


I laid in the basic values throughout the drawing first, in masses, I apply the charcoal with the broad side on the paper, just to get a feel of the overall value scale in the beginning, usually I choose a point where I want to start from and I develop it from there, the accuracy of the latter shapes would depend on this one so I'm getting careful with it at this point, as I progress into the drawing I try to connect all the pieces together, as all shapes within it are interdependent. approx. 6 x 9 inches charcoal and white charcoal on grey Canford paper
sold

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nicely done Daniel! I'm not to the point where I can block in the whole figure accurately right from the start. I have to work my way slowly from one end to the other. Maybe someday I'll be able to do it as well as you! This is gorgeous!

Daniel Peci said...

Thanks Katherine, I think it all lies in the practice, the more you do it the better you get!