"The Midnight dancer" Charcoal with brush Female nude drawing

6 x 8 charcoal on Arches watercolor paper
sold
.
I experimented a bit here with the charcoal as a medium and used a brush instead, its not the first time that I've done this, now I added water and mixed it with a charcoal powder, its a compromise between drawing and painting, you're doing both at the same without giving up on either of them.If you're trying something like I highly advise you to use watercolor paper so it can absorb all the watery brushwork and extra pressure.
Here's what I used:
Vine charcoal
General's Powdered charcoal
Flat brush (random one)
kneaded eraser
Water
..and a little white chalk for highlights.

"Gwendolin reclining" 10x15 female nude pastel on paper
10 x 15 pastel on Canford card paper
view available artwork .

No comments: